Hondata Flashpro GeneralCivic Type-R FN2 Bolt On Turbo Kit.

General FlashPro Topics

JCivicK
Group: Registered users

Re: Civic Type-R FN2 Bolt On Turbo Kit.

Post by JCivicK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Jarrodr wrote:How much would fitment and tuning cost?
From Chris?

Fitment you can do. I know in Jhb 2 people who can aswel... Tuning will prob be the e tune cost hey Chris?

FormulaRMotorsport Built Type R...
Runs on fairy dust and unicorn poop
Over 300wkw JHB

Jarrodr

Post by Jarrodr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:27 am

JCivicK wrote:
From Chris?

Fitment you can do. I know in Jhb 2 people who can aswel... Tuning will prob be the e tune cost hey Chris?
Chris? Or anyone up in jhb?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin
Group: Administrators
Flag: South Africa

Post by CivicRSA » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 am

Like JK said. There are a couple guys in JHB that could do it rather easily. I could etune it as I have the Base maps.
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc
SA Hondata Flashpro Dealer and Tuner. PM me to place orders

Honda Aftermarket and OEM parts importer and supplier.

WAR Machine
Group: Global moderators

Post by WAR Machine » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 am

JCivicK wrote:
From Chris?

Only 2? You loosing your touch... LOL...

Im so JDM my blood type is Type R

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Dyno graphs and more pics added to the first page.
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

BloemTypeR

Post by BloemTypeR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 am

Chris is that power at the flywheel or wheels?

Cheers
BloemTypeR13611, 205 wkw @ KAR Apr '14
MODS: Decat, Tegiwa Header, Flashpro, AJR CAI, TTS Rotrex Supercharged, Tuned by AJ Racing

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 am

Flywheel
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

Bain

Post by Bain » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:21 am

stupid question time : the ambient on the dyno was -1, at KAR its 30%

what power will we look at up here ?
Current:2016 Honda Civic TypeR FK2
Old:2013 FOrd FOcus ST1
Old:Jaguar XF 5L V8
Old:2010 Honda Civic Type R

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 am

It is corrected for atmospheric pressure. With a turbo you can compensate for the air pressure at altitude. It really only affects NA and SC motors. 0.5 bar is 0.5 bar whether it's at the coast or at altitude. So you will have the same power. Unlike a supercharger which is affected by atmospheric pressure.
As you can see at the coast a rotrex c30 makes 270kw. In JHB it will drop to around 230-240kw.
Turbo ftw.
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

Bain

Post by Bain » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:30 am

CivicRSA wrote:It is corrected for atmospheric pressure. With a turbo you can compensate for the air pressure at altitude. It really only affects NA and SC motors. 0.5 bar is 0.5 bar whether it's at the coast or at altitude. So you will have the same power. Unlike a supercharger which is affected by atmospheric pressure.
As you can see at the coast a rotrex c30 makes 270kw. In JHB it will drop to around 230-240kw.
Turbo ftw.

thanx for explaining, it all makes sence ow. . . :thumbup: :thumbup:

WAR Machine

Post by WAR Machine » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Looks very good... Nice one Chris...

Im so JDM my blood type is Type R

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Honda Civic Type R FN2 Turbo First Drive: http://youtu.be/_-PguNzHZjA
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

warrenk

Post by warrenk » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 am

Freaken Awesome!!
Engine
FlashPro | Boost by Gear ECU | GT3076R Turbo

Exterior
OEM Rims sprayed Black | HID kit | H&R Kit | LED Lights | Smoked Lights

Sound
2 x 12" 1400w Pioneer Champion Series | 4500w Monoblock AMP

Botha

Post by Botha » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:05 am

I am so tempted to do this mod, but have plans for 2016 when the new R comes to town. So it would be quite some cash that could go towards the new monster coming out. :sly:
133 wkw @ THE REEF
Hondata FlashPro |EXEDY Stg 1 Racing Clutch | TEGIWA header | Milltek Sport catback | RRC manifold (bored 72mm) | Hondata IMG | Titanium Manifold Heat Wrap | Skunk2 72mm DBW t/b | Skunk2 fuel rail | INJEN CAI | INJEN Hydro-Shield | 15mm Eibach springs | Wavetrac LSD | 19" Rage Mags | GP Splitter Pack | Mugen quick shifter | SKUNK 2 Honda 6 speed shift knob | Auto Folding Mirrors

Bain

Post by Bain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:38 am

CivicRSA wrote:Honda Civic Type R FN2 Turbo First Drive: http://youtu.be/_-PguNzHZjA

Take my Money . . . . . :thumbup:

BloemTypeR

Post by BloemTypeR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:20 pm

CivicRSA wrote:
Ash wrote:Chris, would you have to do internals to run this setup.
also what ancillaries are needed?
No need to do internals up to around 250kw.
You'll need a stronger clutch, hondata Flashpro and preferably a LSD but not necessarily.
Chris i see them motor with turbo goes up to about 270kw, that still within the reaches of the stock internals of the motor?

Cheers
BloemTypeR13611, 205 wkw @ KAR Apr '14
MODS: Decat, Tegiwa Header, Flashpro, AJR CAI, TTS Rotrex Supercharged, Tuned by AJ Racing

Topic author
CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Well I know of some K20 motors that have gone up to 800hp on stock internals. Also this power is on flywheel so it's still around 250 on the wheels.
This is a safe reliable limit.

I would advise building the motor if going higher.
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

Botha

Post by Botha » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm

CivicRSA wrote:Well I know of some K20 motors that have gone up to 800hp on stock internals. Also this power is on flywheel so it's still around 250 on the wheels.
This is a safe reliable limit.

I would advise building the motor if going higher.
Such as the cams, valve train, pistons and con-rods?
133 wkw @ THE REEF
Hondata FlashPro |EXEDY Stg 1 Racing Clutch | TEGIWA header | Milltek Sport catback | RRC manifold (bored 72mm) | Hondata IMG | Titanium Manifold Heat Wrap | Skunk2 72mm DBW t/b | Skunk2 fuel rail | INJEN CAI | INJEN Hydro-Shield | 15mm Eibach springs | Wavetrac LSD | 19" Rage Mags | GP Splitter Pack | Mugen quick shifter | SKUNK 2 Honda 6 speed shift knob | Auto Folding Mirrors

Hamz174

Post by Hamz174 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:32 am

Review on Formula R Motorsport / CivicRSA Civic Type R FN2 Bolt on Turbo Kit

Okay guys, thought I'd give some honest feedback and review on this kit. I got this kit and had it fitted by CivicRSA. My car prior to fitting this kit, was completely stock performance wise.

The only ancillaries you would need to run this kit would be a Hondata Flashpro (and possibly an uprated clutch?), however I got a LSD as well as upgraded my brakes (Pads, lines and fluid).

This kit is running on a stock motor and I've kept my exhaust stock as well (haven't removed any silencers or boxes either).

Pricing

Prior to obtaining this kit, I was obviously looking at the various options for more performance, especially at the Highveld. The performance I was looking for did not justify the money I would have to spend to modify the car NA, IMO - and I was after some extra oomf.

So the search began for possible force induction routes. My initial idea was to supercharge my car via Rotrex Supercharges or would be to import a turbo kit or have one done. The pricing and exchange rate to bring in a charger or turbo basically (depending on forex) lands anywhere between 70-100k. This is besides fitment. CivicRSA had the turbo kit for the advertised price which is much cheaper than importing any kit, and you get the service and knowledge locally should you require it and not left in the dark if you have concerns or issues. So turbo kit it was.

Economy

Part of the kit is the 1000cc injectors. Having gotten the kit I thought fuel would be the most draining part in terms of daily maintenance. Turns out I was wrong. Much like the NA car, the turbo car is all about how you drive the car. NA I was getting around 7-7.5L/100km, and driving daily on the turbo car, I get anywhere from 450km-550km (again depending on driving). For me, the car is actually MORE economical provided I'm driving slowly etc. However, you wont always do so with the turbo Lol. Daily Driving with racing on weekends lands me at around 450km+-. So in terms of economy its all up to you. But the car is pretty decent, stay under boost and youll get improved fuel economy. Due to the extra power I also find myself shifting down less to get power to overtake somebody etc, so the extra power through the gears and rev range really help.

Overall

Overall this kit is a piece of art. I had CivicRSA keep my stock exhaust due to the fact that this car is my only car and is used as my everyday daily drive to work and back. This daily drive, played a major role in my decision making, as the turbo kit is VERY reliable, I've had absolutely no issues, its also economical and powerful. The exhaust was kept stock due to my daily driving, so under 3500+- rpm, the car sounds completely stock. I had it this way so that its a normal car on the way to work and back with no droning noise or loud noises. However.. once you touch the accelerator above this, the car becomes an absolutely monster. You hear the turbo spooling, sucking in huge amounts of air and with every release of the accelerator, you hear the blow of valve whistling. Combine this with V-tec and the car forgets being a daily driver and becomes an absolute beast, pushing you back in your seat and waking you up to take control :evil:

The performance on the car is insane at only 0.5 boost with stock motor and stock exhaust. See dyno graph and video above (must still dyno in JHB). The car pulls so hard and the kit has so much more potential. Upgrade your exhaust and crank up the boost and youll have a monster no doubt. I haven't raced much, but I have come across an E46 M3, 2014 Audi S3, Polo GTI so far. Cruising at 3000rpm, your car sounds stock so they pull up behind you to bully you. Put your foot down and the gap grows and grows. The power delivery is un-real.

Overall I've found the kit very low maintenance, fuel efficient, much cheaper in terms of other kits, build is excellent, car is still a daily driver, reliable and much much faster. Maintenance is low, only checking oil levels etc.

The only downside is that the car no longer drives like a FN2 - in boost, its now a boosted car if that makes sense. I know many people go with charger to keep the NA feel. This wasn't an issue for me as I was after power, and the turbo drive and sounds is a love in its own.

CivicRSA definitely knows his stuff, and is extremely helpful and skilled. I had some noob questions relating to FlashPro and the turbo, and the after-sales service is excellent. Any queries and you've always got help.

Many thanks to CivicRSA for developing such a kit, I think it will really help SA FN2 users build their cars safely and at a more reasonable price. Big ups to JcivicK as well, for all the help and advice :thumbup:

BEWARE: BOOST IS ADDICTIVE :evil:
pRRetty much stock

A.T.W

Post by A.T.W » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:40 am

Hamz174 wrote:Review on Formula R Motorsport / CivicRSA Civic Type R FN2 Bolt on Turbo Kit

Okay guys, thought I'd give some honest feedback and review on this kit. I got this kit and had it fitted by CivicRSA. My car prior to fitting this kit, was completely stock performance wise.

The only ancillaries you would need to run this kit would be a Hondata Flashpro (and possibly an uprated clutch?), however I got a LSD as well as upgraded my brakes (Pads, lines and fluid).

This kit is running on a stock motor and I've kept my exhaust stock as well (haven't removed any silencers or boxes either).

Pricing

Prior to obtaining this kit, I was obviously looking at the various options for more performance, especially at the Highveld. The performance I was looking for did not justify the money I would have to spend to modify the car NA, IMO - and I was after some extra oomf.

So the search began for possible force induction routes. My initial idea was to supercharge my car via Rotrex Supercharges or would be to import a turbo kit or have one done. The pricing and exchange rate to bring in a charger or turbo basically (depending on forex) lands anywhere between 70-100k. This is besides fitment. CivicRSA had the turbo kit for the advertised price which is much cheaper than importing any kit, and you get the service and knowledge locally should you require it and not left in the dark if you have concerns or issues. So turbo kit it was.

Economy

Part of the kit is the 1000cc injectors. Having gotten the kit I thought fuel would be the most draining part in terms of daily maintenance. Turns out I was wrong. Much like the NA car, the turbo car is all about how you drive the car. NA I was getting around 7-7.5L/100km, and driving daily on the turbo car, I get anywhere from 450km-550km (again depending on driving). For me, the car is actually MORE economical provided I'm driving slowly etc. However, you wont always do so with the turbo Lol. Daily Driving with racing on weekends lands me at around 450km+-. So in terms of economy its all up to you. But the car is pretty decent, stay under boost and youll get improved fuel economy. Due to the extra power I also find myself shifting down less to get power to overtake somebody etc, so the extra power through the gears and rev range really help.

Overall

Overall this kit is a piece of art. I had CivicRSA keep my stock exhaust due to the fact that this car is my only car and is used as my everyday daily drive to work and back. This daily drive, played a major role in my decision making, as the turbo kit is VERY reliable, I've had absolutely no issues, its also economical and powerful. The exhaust was kept stock due to my daily driving, so under 3500+- rpm, the car sounds completely stock. I had it this way so that its a normal car on the way to work and back with no droning noise or loud noises. However.. once you touch the accelerator above this, the car becomes an absolutely monster. You hear the turbo spooling, sucking in huge amounts of air and with every release of the accelerator, you hear the blow of valve whistling. Combine this with V-tec and the car forgets being a daily driver and becomes an absolute beast, pushing you back in your seat and waking you up to take control :evil:

The performance on the car is insane at only 0.5 boost with stock motor and stock exhaust. See dyno graph and video above (must still dyno in JHB). The car pulls so hard and the kit has so much more potential. Upgrade your exhaust and crank up the boost and youll have a monster no doubt. I haven't raced much, but I have come across an E46 M3, 2014 Audi S3, Polo GTI so far. Cruising at 3000rpm, your car sounds stock so they pull up behind you to bully you. Put your foot down and the gap grows and grows. The power delivery is un-real.

Overall I've found the kit very low maintenance, fuel efficient, much cheaper in terms of other kits, build is excellent, car is still a daily driver, reliable and much much faster. Maintenance is low, only checking oil levels etc.

The only downside is that the car no longer drives like a FN2 - in boost, its now a boosted car if that makes sense. I know many people go with charger to keep the NA feel. This wasn't an issue for me as I was after power, and the turbo drive and sounds is a love in its own.

CivicRSA definitely knows his stuff, and is extremely helpful and skilled. I had some noob questions relating to FlashPro and the turbo, and the after-sales service is excellent. Any queries and you've always got help.

Many thanks to CivicRSA for developing such a kit, I think it will really help SA FN2 users build their cars safely and at a more reasonable price. Big ups to JcivicK as well, for all the help and advice :thumbup:

BEWARE: BOOST IS ADDICTIVE :evil:
that's some awesome feedback Hamz.... Thank u... Now I know what I need to be saving up for