E-Tuning Your MotorHondata flash pro and e tune review on mark's car

Topic author
Mark
Group: Registered users

Hondata flash pro and e tune review on mark's car

Post by Mark » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi guys,

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time, and now I have back up to do it...

Last year i took my car for a dyno run @ a local tuner in Ricahrdsbay RE RACING and with a Jperformance decat and k&n appolo kit my car made and awsome 128wkw :ras: , not bad att all being at the coast.

As my behind started to itch for more power I had a Viper branch fitted and a 63mm mandrel bend single exit exhaust system, and then I finally I bought my Hondata flash pro from Formula R motorsport, all that im going to say is after having my car E tuned by Chris(CIVICRSA) and adding a CAI my car made yesterday on the same Dyno 1 year later 158wkw! :nuke: .

Now adding the viper branch and CAI only contibutes to the flashpro magic. The whole car was transformed into a rabbit dog after the flash pro only!

Formula R motorsport FTW

I have only recieved excelent professional work from Formula R motorsport,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K&N custom CAI & Relocated battery;viper branch;63mm custom mandrel bend exhaust;Hondata Flashpro;Powerbrake GT disc with Powerbrake GT1 pads; RRC manifold; Full custom sound install FRM Tuned

CivicRSA
Site Admin
Group: Administrators
Flag: South Africa

Re: Hondata flash pro and e tune review on mark's car

Post by CivicRSA » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

:clap2:
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc
SA Hondata Flashpro Dealer and Tuner. PM me to place orders

Honda Aftermarket and OEM parts importer and supplier.

WAR Machine
Group: Global moderators

Post by WAR Machine » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:59 am

Sweet...

Im so JDM my blood type is Type R

BlackR
Flag: Portugal

Post by BlackR » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am

Thats some serious wkw power.
Well done!
'13 ///M135i

ex: '07 Honda Civic Type R
My Type R Build Thread : http://civictype-r.co.za/phpBB3/viewtop ... =30&t=1215
My M135i Build Thread : http://civictype-r.co.za/phpBB3/viewtop ... 5&start=40

Botha

Post by Botha » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

That is damn good. What does that translate to kW on the flywheel? Based on that reading, you should be getting around 188kW+ on the fly wheel?? What is the % loss from the flywheel to the wheels?

I'm pretty sure up in the reef you gonna get way less than that, even with mods. I think Shrimp (correct me if I'm wrong Shrimp) has done around 134wkw up here in the reef, and he has a RRC intake and 68mm throttle body on top of what you have. The RRC intake and 68mm throttle body should be responsible for at least another 10wkw gain just on it's own. Which means that if you do this mod as well, you should get at least 168wkw! :excl: :nuke: :excl:
133 wkw @ THE REEF
Hondata FlashPro |EXEDY Stg 1 Racing Clutch | TEGIWA header | Milltek Sport catback | RRC manifold (bored 72mm) | Hondata IMG | Titanium Manifold Heat Wrap | Skunk2 72mm DBW t/b | Skunk2 fuel rail | INJEN CAI | INJEN Hydro-Shield | 15mm Eibach springs | Wavetrac LSD | 19" Rage Mags | GP Splitter Pack | Mugen quick shifter | SKUNK 2 Honda 6 speed shift knob | Auto Folding Mirrors

CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Botha wrote:That is damn good. What does that translate to kW on the flywheel? Based on that reading, you should be getting around 188kW+ on the fly wheel?? What is the % loss from the flywheel to the wheels?

I'm pretty sure up in the reef you gonna get way less than that, even with mods. I think Shrimp (correct me if I'm wrong Shrimp) has done around 134wkw up here in the reef, and he has a RRC intake and 68mm throttle body on top of what you have. The RRC intake and 68mm throttle body should be responsible for at least another 10wkw gain just on it's own. Which means that if you do this mod as well, you should get at least 168wkw! :excl: :nuke: :excl:
Well not really. Once you start adding parts together they won't necessarily make as much power as on their own and can also not make power unless accompanied by supporting mods. 1+2+3 doesn't always =6

For example
1. Exhaust header might give 8
2. RRC might give 5
3. TB might give 5
4. Intake 8
These are separate but added together will probably be more like 15-18kw and not 26kw.

Also very few dyno's are comparable some can read high and some low. What is important is the before and after done on the same dyno. The percentage increase will be same from one dyno to another though.
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

Botha

Post by Botha » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Ok, I understand.

But if that is the scenario, what gain is there at the end of the day to do certain additional mods? Like you say, if 1+2+3 <> 6, then one could save money and just as well do 3+3 = 6. What additional benefits are there by still doing a "1+2+3" rather than a "3+3"?

Hypothetically speaking, this is basically what you're saying can happen: :geek:

1 = 68mm Throttle Body (3kw gain)
2 = RRC Intake (7kw gain)
Combined Result = 10kw

or

1 = 68mm Throttle Body (2kw gain)
2 = RRC Intake (4kw gain)
3 = Header (4kw gain)
Combined Result = 10kw

So why spend additional money on the header in this example? :hmmm:
133 wkw @ THE REEF
Hondata FlashPro |EXEDY Stg 1 Racing Clutch | TEGIWA header | Milltek Sport catback | RRC manifold (bored 72mm) | Hondata IMG | Titanium Manifold Heat Wrap | Skunk2 72mm DBW t/b | Skunk2 fuel rail | INJEN CAI | INJEN Hydro-Shield | 15mm Eibach springs | Wavetrac LSD | 19" Rage Mags | GP Splitter Pack | Mugen quick shifter | SKUNK 2 Honda 6 speed shift knob | Auto Folding Mirrors

CivicRSA
Site Admin

Post by CivicRSA » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm

It does get complicated but as long as you are moving forward it is a good thing.

Just do a 0+20 and have 20 (by that I mean forced induction) :smile:
FORMULA R MOTORSPORTcc

Topic author
Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:20 pm

that's why I had my car dynoed at the same dyno. I can't compare my car to anyone elses as we are not using the same dyno but as Chris says the before and after is the one that counts! But here is something interesting vw 2.0 16v with some supporting mods made 110wkw where my car made 158wkw and the golf has had much more engine work where my car is stock internally.
K&N custom CAI & Relocated battery;viper branch;63mm custom mandrel bend exhaust;Hondata Flashpro;Powerbrake GT disc with Powerbrake GT1 pads; RRC manifold; Full custom sound install FRM Tuned

WAR Machine

Post by WAR Machine » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:30 am

CivicRSA wrote:It does get complicated but as long as you are moving forward it is a good thing.

Just do a 0+20 and have 20 (by that I mean forced induction) :smile:
I like the sound of this mathematical equation...
0 + 20 = :yahoo: FUN in the SUN... :laugh:

Im so JDM my blood type is Type R

Davywill

Post by Davywill » Sat May 18, 2013 1:03 am

yus man, thats an excellent power gain, thats what i am aiming for, a true 200hp on the wheels, how is the vtec crossover sound, thats something i want so badly, to hear that beautiful sound, as clearly and loudly as possible