Naturally Aspirated PartsCamshafts

Bolts On available for the Type-R

Billy S13!
Group: Registered users

Re: Camshafts

Post by Billy S13! » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:46 pm

This car has a list of NA mods. 134wkw for JHB is very impressive.

will the owner of this one please post mods list ?

this is really impressive !!

+JONGA!

CS!
Flag: South Africa

Post by CS! » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:03 pm

I came across this thread a while agio when searching for FN2 cam options.

I thought I'd share my experience on 2 set-ups that I have tuned.

My own car with Skunk2 DIC
The supporting mods are:
RRC intake manifold
J35 throttle body
Skunk2 CAI
Tegiwa Header
63mm Dual Exit exhaust (2 box)

The graphs is overlaid with the car when it still had the OEM cams fitted (everything else still the same)

A customers car with Skunk2 Stage 1 V3 cams
The supporting mods are:
RBC intake manifold
RDX Injectors
J35 throttle body
CStuned 3.5" CAI
Noise Boys Header
76mm Single Exit exhaust (2 box)

The graph is overlaid from when the car still had a 3' CAI fitted (everything else still the same)

michaelmarcellus77
Group: Newly registered users

Post by michaelmarcellus77 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 am

CS!, I know that this is an old thread, but your set up is Exactly what I have purchased for my car, just a quick question, well 2 really. Firstly, when you first changed it all (rrc, etc) did you notice the power difference immediately? And secondly, on the second graph, it has 192kw,do you think that is down to the difference in cams, or do you think the RBC had something to do with it. Thanks for the info BTW, I searched for weeks and couldn't find any info on SKUNK2 DIC.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CS!

Post by CS! » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:36 am

michaelmarcellus77 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 am
CS!, I know that this is an old thread, but your set up is Exactly what I have purchased for my car, just a quick question, well 2 really. Firstly, when you first changed it all (rrc, etc) did you notice the power difference immediately? And secondly, on the second graph, it has 192kw,do you think that is down to the difference in cams, or do you think the RBC had something to do with it. Thanks for the info BTW, I searched for weeks and couldn't find any info on SKUNK2 DIC.

Hi Michael

On my own car I moved from a modified RSP to the RRC, and the difference was not wow, tbh. The car gained 2kw peak. The biggest noticeable difference was the intake sound.

In my experience the is VERY little difference between the RBC and RRC. In the end I got my car upto 195kw/233nm, with the DIC's
The DIC's need a fair bit more attention than the Tuner 1's, especially on low cam, as the primaries are noticeably bigger.

I too searched high and low for info on the DIC's and ended up buying them to find out for myself what they were all about.

Good luck with your build

michaelmarcellus77

Post by michaelmarcellus77 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks heaps for the reply, really appreciate it, if I can get to 195kw,i will be happy, I just hope the tuner I go to can get the most out of the dic.
Thanks again

michaelmarcellus77

Post by michaelmarcellus77 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi there, just quickly, took my car to mechanic on Monday to GET Skunk2 CAI, RRC, Skunk2 Dic put in, but he couldn't get the CAI intake to fit, said it is right where the headlight goes.... I don't know, he tells me I should get a hybrid racing one, and then he's had the car on dyno for two days trying to get the DIC tuned, only added about 10kw atw, so I think it will be around 235hp at flywheel, does that sound right? I saw your build had 184kw,is that atw? Just wondering if I should be looking for another tuner, this guy has a good rep, hes just never tuned skunk2 DICs before, and hes used to RBCs. Also he told me that my injectors will be maxing out before the cams, so will need to increase them. Thanks again for the help, I read your whole build today, nice job man, I hope to accomplish the same results, although it does get costly, I've already put over6k in for only 10 kW atw? Diesnt sound right

boost-almighty

Post by boost-almighty » Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 pm

CS made that power at the flywheel

CS!

Post by CS! » Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 am

michaelmarcellus77 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Hi there, just quickly, took my car to mechanic on Monday to GET Skunk2 CAI, RRC, Skunk2 Dic put in, but he couldn't get the CAI intake to fit, said it is right where the headlight goes.... I don't know, he tells me I should get a hybrid racing one, and then he's had the car on dyno for two days trying to get the DIC tuned, only added about 10kw atw, so I think it will be around 235hp at flywheel, does that sound right? I saw your build had 184kw,is that atw? Just wondering if I should be looking for another tuner, this guy has a good rep, hes just never tuned skunk2 DICs before, and hes used to RBCs. Also he told me that my injectors will be maxing out before the cams, so will need to increase them. Thanks again for the help, I read your whole build today, nice job man, I hope to accomplish the same results, although it does get costly, I've already put over6k in for only 10 kW atw? Diesnt sound right

Hi Michael
The Skunk2 cai needs some effort to fit, it's not a straight fit.
The final spec on my car with the 195kw/233nm ( ATF) was as follows:
Skunk2 Drop In Cams
FD2 oil pump kit
RRC intake manifold
J35 throttle body
RDX Injectors
Skunk2 Composite CAI
Tegiwa header
76mm dual exit exhaust
Mishimoto Oil Catch can
Hybrid Racing 3.5' velocity stack
Tuned on Hondata Flashpro

The last 3 items made a noticeable difference.The cams are not easy to dial in, and takes some time to get them in the sweet spot.
I'm certain that if your tuner spends some time on it, he will get it there.

michaelmarcellus77

Post by michaelmarcellus77 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 am

Hey there CS, Got the car back, I have attached my graph, as you will see he managed to get 142kw atw, but there is also a dip at around 6k,he says it's probably from a restriction in the exhaust (I have 2.5 catback). I don't know, maybe he could have gotten that out with a bit more time. The car definitely sounds better, and has more power, there's no more vtc "kick" it's just smooth all the way through, I read that you ended up with a 3 inch exhaust, so that's probably what I will do next, when you said the last three, was flashpro in there, or was it the exhaust, tray and stack? Anyway, I would like to go to another tuner to see what he thinks, but they're just too expensive over here, like 1000 aus, so I'll have to leave it as is for now. Will get exhaust done though ImageImage